Decorating the Christmas tree always brings anxiety for me. The kids usually fight over who hangs what and I ultimately end up getting crabby about the whole thing. This year we (Jeremy and I) still put the lights up, because it is kind of tricky to get lights on a 9ft tree but that's it. We got the boxes of ornaments from the garage and told the kids to go for it. It has never been so relaxing during decorating time!! I am thrilled that we just handed over the job to them and they did a fantastic job decorating the tree. Letting go is hard sometimes but in this case it paid off!!
Madeleine helping Finn with the garland
All the kids working on the garland together
Soleil was supervising
Campbell putting up an ornament
Owen choosing an ornament to hang
The mood was so much lighter this year
All of our fantastic kids after the job was complete, still smiling :)
No comments:
Post a Comment