Monday, March 19, 2012

Spring Break

For a week that was supposed to be time off it was certainly busy!  Monday started nice and slow but Tuesday involved a playdate, guitar, movie night.  Forget about Wednesday, it was non-stop and Thursday was O's birthday of course!  Unfortunately we didn't get the week off from co-op so M came along since she was home from school.  I think she enjoyed it :/ 

Here are some pictures of F and S in my class at co-op. 





  The two older kids went to a homeschool dance on Friday night.  I think the kids had fun.  We are winding down on the teen homeschool events, since in the fall Owen will be in public school as well.  I think it will be good for them, the group is getting more strange by the minute.  :/

The kids let me snap a quick picture before they left for the dance. 



On Saturday night M went to a friends Quinceanera .  She had a really great time and I am excited at the way her horizons have expanded socially and culturally since going to school.

Here is M ready to leave to attend T's Quinceanera


Saturday was full of soccer and ended with a birthday "sleepover" which involved alotofxboxplaying rather than sleeping.  The birthday celebration extended to Sunday when O took a friend, J and friends dad to play paintball.  I think he had a good 14th birthday.  I spent the time while they were gone preparing a garden bed but will wait until after the forecasted storms come through before planting.  We also cleared out the bushes out front in preparation for our water softener which is getting installed this week.  I can't wait.  The water here is so bad I can't wait to shower and not itch afterwards! 

We got to spend Sunday night at dinner with friends, a fun parent's night out and a nice end to a busy week off ;)

Today M had to wake up before the sun to get to school again.  She loves school but doesn't like the early wake up.  She is not a morning person, neither am I.  It's genetic.  

We have some big storms predicted over the next couple of days, I am looking forward to some canceled activities.  I need to rest after our week off :)  



No comments:

Post a Comment