Sunday, June 3, 2012

Pensacola cupcakes and vacation home

I can't believe I forgot to post about the fabulous cupcakes we bought on our way out of Pensacola.  This was another place we found on our google search for gluten free places to eat.  Oh Snap Cupcakes offers regular (wheat flour) cupcakes along with vegan and gluten 'less' cupcakes.  It's really challenging to find good baked goods that are also gluten free.  These cupcakes were delicious.  I obviously didn't try the regular ones that the rest of the fam had, but I indulged in two, a red velvet and a chocolate raspberry.  They were divine!  Hubs got the Hot Mamma (it had coffee and cayenne pepper in it) which he said was really good, albeit slightly spicey.  C and S had lemon drop, S just had the frosting, her favourite part.  O got strawberry, M got Oreo and F got whopper, pictured in the middle below.  YUM YUM YUM


Here is my red velvet, I ate this for breakfast while we drove over the ocean for the first time, it so good, but not as good as the chocolate raspberry that I enjoyed with an starbucks iced caramel macchiatto in Tallahassee, Florida.


We didn't arrive at the vacation home until between 5 and 6 pm and we then needed to run out and buy some necessities, like bathroom products and FOOD.  It was late by the time we ate and settled in so we just headed to bed to sleep off some of the previous days travel exhaustion.

We all woke up relatively refreshed, lazed around and after lunch went out for some more supplies.  I learned that I don't ever want to set foot in a Florida Wa-Mart again.  I have never seen Wal-Mart SO busy, not even at Christmas time in NTX.  It was unbelievable,though I do believe that the People of Wal-Mart website could be solely kept going with the state of Florida.  I saw many photo ops today, I chose not to take any though.  Sorry. :)

When we finally made it home, we had burgers to go on the grill. The kids and I swam while the hubs got cookin'.  It almost felt like we were on vacation :)






No comments:

Post a Comment